Old Market House
101 South Main Street
St. Charles, Missouri 63301
The St. Charles County Historical Society's Archives has an extensive collection of County and City records. Over the years, a number of the research items have been indexed by various volunteers to enable researchers to more readily locate information for genealogical or family history.
You may submit a research request by:
- Using our convenient WEB CONTACT FORM,
- Calling us at (636) 946-9828, or
- Visiting the Archives at 101 South Main Street, St. Charles, MO. 63301-2802
Only SCCHS members have access to the following online indexes:
Please note that the original documents referenced by the indexes on our website are not available online.
If you are a member, you may view the above indexes by clicking on the RESEARCH section of the MEMBERS page.
If you are not a member and would like information about becoming one CLICK HERE
Everyone using our website has access to our online Catalog and to our St. Charles County Circuit Court online index.
1. The online Catalog contains our collection of:
Photographs - The SCCHS collection contains over 14,000 images of buildings, businesses, events, and individuals and residences.
Archives - Diaries, family collections, journals, manuscripts, maps, scrapbooks, school records and towns.
Library - Over 1,700 volumes on state and local history, genealogical study and reference.
CLICK HERE to view our ONLINE CATALOG.
2. The St. Charles County Circuit Court online index is the result of a-partnership between the Local Records Division of the Missouri State Archives, the St. Charles County' circuit clerk and the SCCHS. The index:
- includes sessions held from 1805 through 1870 (includes the period St. Charles served as Missouri's state capital),
- is to original records that are stored at the SCCHS Archives, and
- may also be searched free at MO Judicial Archives as part of the Missouri Judicial Records Collection (select Saint Charles in the County box).
CLICK HERE to view our Online Circuit Court Index.
We also maintain a large Personal Ancestral File (PAF) containing the genealogy of over 75,000 selected individuals and family members who lived in St. Charles County. However, this file is not available online and may only be viewed at the SCCHS Archives.